Sunday 1 January 2012

Danni 3 the final 2011

Gira Volta left - I've started to think about the front legs crossing too now hat I have the carriage and balance

and now move the back legs!


So that is my old friend Danilon with our DIY schooling method - he loves it and really looks forward to working - the state of the car park is another matter!! hope you enjoyed meeting him again. I've hacked him out now for three days of relentless walk and we will start the whole fittening process again building u to long trots up hills but i think I'll keep up the inhand he is so much more supple for it and even managed a shaky Piafe and baby passage yesterday..........slowly slowly or as one kind Spanish facebook friend said "Take your time - do not waste your time"

2 comments:

  1. looking good.

    I'm finding in hand work very hard on my wrists and shoulders now (to the extent, I'm not going to do it, which is a shame but no point hurting myself).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Claire - i think you have more of a challenge with a racehorse though! I have a lovely, light loose ring french snaffle that Danni loves and is very light in. The baron always used to say that "a loose ring relays the horses mistakes less readily to a horses mouth" although he always recommended a German Snaffle but i like the feel of this bit. i try to use it upwards to half halt on the corners of the mouth if necessary. Hope yor lovely boy is well, sad to hear about your wrists- may be one day? - poor Danni was grounded in the gale today

    ReplyDelete