Thursday 5 May 2011

Working on the canter



Our finished "wind assisted" canter at the end of the session, the lower ones ore the work in progress.





There is a lovely view from the school towards St Hilary church spire on the ridge




Rising trot (I'm a lean forwarder to rise I'm afraid)




Danni's more collected trot to finish - I was pleased with this carriage




Riding the canter forward for a big bound - Charles pointed out I'd reverted to putting my elbows out.....sigh




Earlier canter work - I think you can see a difference between here and the last photo at the end of the session ( that I put first because it was the best one ah hum)

So after a hectic couple of bank holidays Danni got his chance to go to a school to work for a change. i wanted to work to get a big canter bound and then bring him up for a more elevated carriage. Charles wasn't happy with my efforts to the right as Danni was drifting out through his left shoulder and so we spent some time cantering with a counter bend to open that shoulder - which for me was rather like rubbing your tummy and patting your head type job! but eventually we succeed and he became straighter. I was really pleased with his finished balance - you''ll have to excuse his mane billowing in the wind, it has been a breezy few day here in cornwall even the Scillonian didn't sail one day!

We hacked home through lanes laced with bluebells and cow parsley just in time for Danni's lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment